One of the most common problems that most people have to deal with in adolescent and for some unfortunate few, it continues well into adulthood is acne. It is a skin disease where red scaly skin, pimples, nodules and black and whiteheads appear in some areas of the body, notably around the face. During adolescence, it is caused by excess buildup of testosterone in the body regardless of sex, but for many people, it may continue into adulthood due to a variety of reasons.
If you have acne, you must make sure that you have removed any trigger factor which may be causing them. This can be done as follows:
1. Try remedies other than conventional medicine because they do work rather effectively and often with less side effects.
2. Check your blood for any possible deficiencies in minerals, vitamins and other factors.
3. Avoid common allergens like gluten, dairy etc.
4. Regulate your diet. If you put in junk in your body, it is bound to show its effects.
When you go to a doctor for acne treatment, he will prescribe medications like Benzyl peroxide creams, antibiotics and hormonal treatments for women. However, there are a number of acne natural cures that you can try for long term freedom from acne. These are as follows:
1. Baking soda is the best acne natural cure. Make a paste of baking soda with warm water and apply on the affected area for 10 to fifteen minutes. You can gradually increase the time of the application to overnight. Your skin will feel rejuvenated and acne will reduce significantly.
2. Apply apple cider vinegar on the acne. It has both antibacterial and antifungal properties. But it may sting a little. So, you should dilute it the first few times.
3. Cut a lemon in half and rub against the affected area with the lemon juice. The citric acid in the juice can work wonders. However, you should remember to wash off the lemon juice and apply sunscreen afterwards as citric acid also increases the vulnerability to sunburn.
4. If you are struggling with pimples – a common problem associated with acne, apply toothpaste on it. The silica in the paste helps to dry out the pimples and reduce them overnight.
5. Apply tea tree oil on the affected area. Studies show that this oil works as well as benzyl peroxide, albeit a little slowly but with lesser side effects.
6. Gentle and moisturizing with both antibacterial and antifungal properties, coconut oil is another great natural remedy for acne.
7. Garlic is a natural antibacterial and can work wonders with acne. Slice garlic thinly; then rub on the affected area, leaving the juice on for 10 to 15 minutes.
8. Your diet plays an important role in acne. Reduce or eliminate refined carbohydrates and sugar from your diet. Instead include lots of fresh veggies and drink plenty of water to maintain an acne free skin.
9. Wash your face with very hot and then very cold water. This opens up the pores and also reduces inflammation.
10. Finally, aloe gel is a soothing natural remedy for acne.